Monday, September 10, 2012

evening thoughts 9.10

Evening all. So, I cannot blog from work of course but I am going to make the most of it and just switch to evening thoughts : ) It is the eve of 9/11, which is always a rough time for me and many I care about. I was working in Darien CT at the time and so many of my students families and school families were directly affected by the course of events....I always pause to both remember those families who lost loved ones and those families who thankfully were survivors. Graves Family...you know I'm thinking of you and ever so grateful all of you are safe and sound and TOGETHER! Aside from 9/11...exciting things are happening at school. I was asked to write math benchmarks for pre-k which is awesome. Looking forward to making great stuff happen this year with my super teammate! Anyway, here are some great quotes to end the day with...enjoy and as always; be kind, be well, be love, be forgiving, be thankful, be authentic, be happy and be peace. Namaste~mama F

“One's enemy is often the best teacher of tolerance.” ~Colleen Hauck

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~Winston CHurchill

“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ~Dalai Lama

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.” ~Robert Fulghum

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ~Shel Silverstein


No comments:

Post a Comment