Sunday, September 16, 2012

weekend thoughts

So, maybe Sarah was on to something with this blogging...I feel good knowing I can come here and get shit out. I am struggling with ill and aging parents and feeling guilty for begin overwhelmed. My best friends Dad is in the hospital after almost dying due to a tear all the way down his aorta and another close friends Dad passed away 2 nights ago and I feel like shit that I can't do more or be more for them...I was not prepared for all this life stuff and while I am super thankful I have my husband and child, super thankful for my parents and the life they allowed me to create...I just don't know how to be there - present and helpful. I am sick of all the cliches floating around, somewhat sick of trying to believe "everything happens for a reason" and tired of waiting for God to make it make sense to me. I guess it's all part of growing up, being alive and being truly present in life. Gonna try and find some quotes to make me feel better now...thanks for listening. Be kind, be well, be love, be forgiving, be thankful, be authentic, be happy and be peace ( I need these be's) Namaste~mama F

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."~Albert Schweitzer

"Anything that's human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are not alone."~Fred Rogers

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."~Helen Keller

"Indeed, nothing is more critically connected to happiness, both our own and that of our children than how well we love and support one another within the family."~M. Russell Ballard





No comments:

Post a Comment